Monday, September 19, 2011

Running on fumes

It has been a very busy month, this month of September.  Had a trip to Ohio for the day job,made it down there and back with no problems.  Got a nice visit at the Sutphen Corp. plants and also visited the Columbus division of Fire museum.  The reason for the trip was a sales conference, and it was better then most if I do say so myself.  It could be my last one, as they are only held every other year.  Might retire before the next one, never can tell.  On the day after I got home, we had a call and while en route to the call blow the motor on my car. Will cost way more to fix then the car is worth, so for now, I am at the mercy of using the wife's wheels to get to fire calls.  Had training tonight, and it went very well.  Worked on RIT team functions, with about 2/3's of the department there.  Also had pictures, if I do say so myself, at least sometimes we look pretty professional.  Training ran a little long as we had to stop and look for an ear ring back that got lost.  No it was one of my younger male members who lost it.  Thankfully, my more seasoned female members were there to help him out.  He will not live that down for quite some time.  Talked with a friend today about somethings in regard to starting to pass the torch.  Not sure the person who wants the torch, wants everything that goes with it.  They will get a few more things on their plate next year, and who knows, they just might get it all.  There are a lot of days lately that the black hat looks awful good.  White helmets can be awful heavy at times.  Lost my file for ISO ratings and requirements.  Not sure what I did with it before I went to Ohio, but really need to find it soon.   Have still two AFG grants to finish before Friday at 5PM, so the week is still full.  Missions meeting tomorrow evening, church board on Thursday, and Fire Department dinner on Saturday.  Oh did I mention, 32 customers to see also this week, and meeting the boss for lunch tomorrow for my annual review.  Use to dread these, no so much anymore.  After 33 years, and with retirement close think I can handle this, but still need to remind myself to not put it in neutral and coast to the end. Need to get to bed,  the great drill and spirit that we had to night sure helped as at times certain parts and people can make the job very depressing.   Night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment